ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAN
Forest City Surplus LTD is committed to providing excellent customer service to all customers. As a retailer of continuously changing products we are constantly changing the layout and some of our aisles may be inaccessible to those with a conveyance device such as a scooter or wheelchair. Our entrance and tactical areas are completely accessible. Customers can request dedicated assistance upon entering the store, or periodic assistance from any available member of staff.
We do not currently have any assistive devices available for use by customers. All assistive devices brought in by patrons will be allowed without hesitation. Oxygen tank bearers should note that we do sell lighters at the cash counters that may be tested by patrons. Also, firing guns in the range produces sparks.
We will make every effort to communicate with customers in a way that is best suited to the individual.
All registered service animals will be allowed on the premises. We ask that owners of service animals that are not easily identified as such carry with them the animal's certification.
Customers and their support persons entering through the dedicated Forest City Surplus LTD entrance will not be charged admission. The market connected to our location charges admission at their entrances on Sundays.
Forest City Surplus LTD. has provided training to all members of staff, inclusive of contractual members and management. New employees will receive training on accessibility standards, along with their health and safety training, on their first day worked.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Forest City Surplus LTD's plan related to the customer service standard
- Interaction/communication with people with disabilities
- Assisting customers leaving the retail space
- Required distances for merchandising
- Types of service animals and how to identify them
- Temporary storage of customer's assistive devices
- Locations of this plan and how it can be accessed by customers
Feedback is welcomed and appreciated. We want to know what challenges our customers are dealing with while shopping at our location.
Comments can be left with any staff member, or an email can be sent to management